So, more with the test knitting… I volunteered to test a pair of socks that are knit from the toe up, using Judy’s Magic Cast-on. I tried it, but trying to figure out a new technique with needles that I’m worried I’m gonna break and yarn that is soooo thin AND a dark brown that obscured the stitches was a bit nerve wracking. So, I whipped out a leftover ball of my beloved Malabrigo in a cheerful bright yellow, grabbed a set of sturdy DPNs and gave it another shot. I wanted to GET something out of this whole endeavour, something more interesting than practice and a swatch. So I turned it into a little case for a travel-sized tissue packet– finishing it with Kitchener stitch, because the last pair of socks I knit cuff-down had a pretty mangy-looking toe. Those little plastic wrapped tissues are always getting really beat up in my purse, so this will protect it, while still leaving the tissues easily accessible. I’m pretty stoked. I’ve written up a pattern and it is getting tested. Since it’s so tiny, I expect it to be available very soon.
ETA: I’ve had a couple of comments about the button. It’s JHB Novelty, style number 20189 :)